|5 Years of Marketing Jive
|Monday, October 31, 2011
In October of 2006, I started a blog in hopes really of learning more about blogging and some SEO issues that I wanted to test from time to time. I like to write, but as anyone with a blog or two knows, starting a blog can be a time consuming endeavour.
It has been five years since I started a little blog called "SEO-Space". I started the blog in part because I wanted to share some thoughts about my SEO experiences and offer some tips for others to leverage. There are a lot of SEO resources out there, I wanted to create one that was a good resource, one that was:
Twelve hundred posts later and here we are. I have covered a lot of different topics most centering around search and online marketing. Over the past five years, Marketing Jive has seen hundreds of thousands of visitors from all corners of the world visit. While it might not seem that impressive to you, you have to remember that Marketing Jive is pretty much a one man show. While we have had guest bloggers, pretty much 99% of the post have been by yours truly.
- a useful resource
- simple to read and follow
- offered great tips
- shared some industry news
- provided the odd opinion here and there
We have covered a diverse set of topics from SEO best practices, content strategies, marketing buzzwords, keyword research and the like. It has been fun to see just which posts have generated the most traffic over the years.
Marketing Jive's Top Posts
Here is a look at some of our most popular posts from the past five years.
Marketing Jive's Top SEO Posts
- Business Benefits of Using Facebook - from September 2007
- Top Marketing Buzzwords 2009 edition - January 2009
- Chrysler Dodge Caliber is a Piece of Junk - a little rant from March 2008 where I expressed my dissatisfaction with my wife's car at the time. I received a lot of comments on this one.
- 14 Best Practices and Tips for Video Optimization - September 2007
- How Much is Your NHL Team Worth? - from October 2008... my other passion... hockey.
- 5 Ways to Reduce Bounce Rate - from February 2009
- Top Marketing Buzzwords - 2010 edition - January 2010
Marketing Jive's Top Google Related Posts
- Website Re-Design: A 21 Step SEO Checklist for Planning a Website Re-Design - from April 2008
- 37 Things To Keep in Mind When Writing Web Content - March 2007
- 15 Business Benefits of Using Twitter - July 2009
- Content Development: 11 Must Reads from Marketing Jive - June 2010
- Mobile SEO Tips: The Ultimate Guide to Mobile Search Optimization - March 2010
- Competitive Analysis: 12 Free Competitive Intelligence Tools - February 2009
- Online Reputation Management - Series - August 2007
We have had fun with various posts about Google over the years.
Marketing Jive's Top Non-SEO Related Posts
- 10 Years of Google Part Five: Top 100 Google Moments Part IV - September 2008
- What Makes Google Tick? Hundreds of Items Used in their Search Algorithm - April 2010
- Top 20 Google Blogs for Use in 2009 - September 2009
- Google's Best Practices for Product Search - from June 2009
- Top 10 Google Updates of All Time - August 2011
- Google MayDay Update: Definitive List of Resources - May 2010
- What If There Was No Google? - February 2007
I am working on my list of top posts which I hope to have ready for later this week.
- NHL Team Worth 2010: List of NHL Team Worth - October 2010
- Top 100 Rock Albums of the Decade: 2000-2009 - December 2009
- Mark Messier Greatest Leader in the History of Sports - February 2007
- CFL: 95th Annual Grey Cup: Roughriders vs. Blue Bombers - November 2007
- Happy Birthday Chuck Berry! Chuck Berry Turns 81 - October 2007
- Canadian Guitar God Jeff Healy Passes Away - March 2008
- Barack Obama Teams Up with Spiderman - January 2009
Thanks for all of the folks that have visited Marketing Jive over the years. A special thanks to our regular readers. As some of you may have noticed, the frequency of my posts has slowed. This is in part a result of me wanting to spend more time with my little guy Elias and my family. In fact, for those interested, I will be looking at selling my Marketing Jive blog so that I can focus my efforts with some new initiatives. Feel free to for more details.
It has been a great five years.
Labels: Marketing Jive
|posted by Jody @ 11:34 AM