|Some of My Favorite SEO Tools: 25 SEO Tools That Still Rock in 2011
|Sunday, May 15, 2011
As the world of SEO continues to change, the tools that are available for online marketers continue to change as well. I find that quite often it is some of the older ans simplest of tools that provide the most value. As an online marketer, I have had access to numerous tools over the years, some good and some bad. Some free and some extremely overpriced. There are tons of great tools out there, but there are also some that leave a little to be desired.
The need for quality SEO tools is something that all site owners, webmasters and search strategists require to optimize, analyze and evaluate the websites they work on. The search engine algorithms continue to evolve and as we have seen recently with Google, search results can change with but the flick of a switch or algorithm update. The Search industry changes so quickly that any online marketer needs to equip themselves with a strong arsenal of tools in order to remain successful with their efforts. And man are there tools out there. Part of the reason for this is because the are so many different factions of SEO. If you keep it high level, there are key components of SEO that each have their own tool set. We need tools for areas such as:
Depending on where you are at in the organic search (SEO) maturity model, you will need to leverage a different set of tools to ensure the success of your online marketing campaigns. So what tools should you be using? Well that really depends on the complexity of your site, your business and your industry.
- Site Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Keyword Research
- Link Analysis
- Competitive Analysis/Competitive Intelligence
- Social Media Monitoring
- Content Analysis
Here are some of my favorite SEO tools that I often use. I'm not going to get into a review of each, but links are included so that you can check them out for yourself. Of course many of you may already be using these tools, and some of you may even have better tools that you use. If you would like to share some of them, please drop us a comment and share their link. With that, here are some of my favorite SEO tools (in random order).
25 SEO Tools That Rock in 2011
- Google Webmaster Tools - http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/. Still one of the best tools to gaiin quick insight into how your site is performing.
- XENU Link Sluth - http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html. I love this tool for compiling URLs for smaller sites.
- Google Keyword Tool - https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal. Not the end-all/be-all for keyword research, but still a valuable tool.
- Web Page Analyzer - http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze. Great tool to use for diagnosing technical issues.
- Google Webmaster Guidelines - http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769. Not a tool per se, but an exceptional resource if you are interested in performing well in Google.
- delicious - http://www.delicious.com/. Great for saving and finding resources.
- Yahoo Site Explorer - http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/. Some quick and easy link analysis.
- SEOmoz Tools - http://www.seomoz.org/tools
- Majestic SEO - http://www.majesticseo.com/
- Raven SEO - http://raventools.com/
- Experian Hitwise - http://www.hitwise.com/us/
- comScore - http://www.comscore.com/
- SEObook Tools - http://tools.seobook.com/
- Scream Frog SEO Spider - http://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/seo-spider/
- Recorded Future - https://www.recordedfuture.com/
- Tweetdeck - http://www.tweetdeck.com/
- Wordstream Keyword Tool - http://www.wordstream.com/keywords
- Search Engine Friendly Redirect Checker - http://www.webconfs.com/http-header-check.php
- XML Sitemap Generator - http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
- Blekko - http://blekko.com/
- Buzzstream - http://www.buzzstream.com/
- Wordtracker - http://www.wordtracker.com/
- Google Trends - http://www.google.com/trends
- SEO Forums - http://seoforums.org/seo-tools/
- Analytics - various platforms
Labels: SEO tools
|posted by PlanetNim Caretaker @ 7:57 PM