I'm looking forward to attending Pubcon
2010 in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks.Pubcon Las Vegas takes place from November 8th through to November 11th at the Las Vegas Convention Center. PubCon Las Vegas 2010 will for the first time feature an entire track of search and social media sessions that offer expanded time for many key industry speakers
. It will be a busy couple of days and Marketing Jive will be live blogging a number of sessions throughout the week.
Some of the sessions that we may take in include:
Smart Organic Keyword Research and Selection
- Keywords remain an integral part of any SEO campaign. You can have the prettiest pages in the world, with wonderfully-written copy; but if you don't have a grasp on what your core keywords should be, you are losing out. Better your rankings and increase your relevant click-throughs by thoroughly landing your keywords.
How Do You Optimize For Universal and Personal Search?
- we probably should be speaking at this one, but never-the-less, we are always interested in hearing what other industry experts have to say about blended/universal search. Greg Boser is one of the speakers for this session, so it should be entertaining.
Cool Tools for Search Marketers
- it's always great to learn about new tools or learn which tools others in the industry are leveraging for link building and SEO. This session hopes to cover a variety of tools including SEO tools, link tools, and PPC tools as well as keyword and competitive intelligence tools.
Top-Shelf SEO: Hot Topics and Trends
- this one is dubbed as "an expert-level session". There will be brief coverage of on-page items such as titles, tags, text and URLs. But the focus will be on the real money of SEO: off-page criteria. Links, links, links. We will check this out and see what expert level tips come out of it. Stay tuned.
May Day SEO for Google Caffeine
- This spring Google updated their algo. It included tweaks for "page load speed" and "long tail" searches. This session will look at specific issues with what WebmasterWorld called, the "May Day" update. Looking forward to this one for sure.
Navigating The Complex Social Media Marketing World
- great roll call of speakers on this one. This session will cover the latest topics and trends in the world of Social Media. This session should be good for tips about how to use Social Media as part of your online marketing strategy.
Super Session : Search Engines and Webmasters - Bing - Google - Instant
- these types of sessions are usually my favorite with heated discussions and passion about search marketing. Matt Cutts will be there and so will we.
These are but a few of the sessions that we will be attending, be sure to say hello if you bump into us.
Labels: pubcon, pubcon 2010