Top SEO Lists of the Week: Week of September 13, 2010
| Friday, September 17, 2010
||In case you missed last week's list here are the top 5 SEO lists from last week.
This week our list includes some familiar faces and blogs.
#5. 5 Clichés That Make You a Better SEO - Stoney deGeyter - Search Engine Guide. I really enjoyed Stoney's couple of SEO cliche posts. In this one, Stoney outlines five cliches that he feels can make people become a better SEO. Our personal favorite? "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Another reason that we included this post in our top 5 lists of the week is because it contains a links to Stoney's "Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist". Stoney was featured in our number one spot last week, and this week he remains on our top five list with his follow up piece. Well done!
#4. 9 easy tips to jump start your SEO copywriting strategy - Heather at SEO Copywriting shared some useful tips to help site owners with their copywriting strategies. There are some great reminders here including:
- Review your Google keyword strategy - you guys do know by now that keyword research is on-going right?
- Have different target audiences? Build customized landing pages
- Quit overwhelming and accept the baby-step reality - establishing a content development strategy is a lot of work, we know that and that is why so many people fail to capitalize on their content. Baby steps lead to giant steps.
#3. 6 Tips For Making Content Pop on the Social Web - Lee Odden over at Top Rank Marketing posted some great tips for getting noticed in the social scene. Lee shares six guidelines that stand out for helping content get better reach. In brief they are:
We would probably add another and that is perception/value. Have a clear value statement to illustrate the benefit to the audience. All and all, another useful post for Lee.
- Call to Action
- Monitor, Measure, Analyze and Act
#2. Tips for getting help with your site - Google Webmaster Central Blog. Google shared some insight into how you can get an answer to search or webmaster questions that you may have, by providing a list of eight actions that you can take to have someone at Google answer a question that you might have. Of course complying with all eight of these tips does not ensure that your question will get a response, but it will help. Probably two of the bets tips are to
- Keep your question specific
- Make it relevant to others
#1. Link Building 101 - The Almost Complete Link Guide - the folks at SEOmoz continue to provide great SEO information, they have done so for years. Scott's piece is a good refresher on link building best practices and includes tips such as:
Overall, a great list of items to consider when proceeding with your link building strategy.
- the need to create a link building strategy
- link placement and where your links should be found
- anchor text
- content relevancy
- tools for gathering competitive link intelligence
Labels: top 5 SEO lists
|posted by Jody @ Friday, September 17, 2010