End of an Era
| Saturday, July 31, 2010
||Well it has been a while since we have posted. Our apologies as time has become ever elusive over the past couple of weeks. Not to mention an injury to my achilles tendon has consumed a lot of my focus as of late. I am happy to say that our regular blog posts will begin this week.
This post signifies the end of an era as after nearly seven years, I have decided to leave Enquiro Search Solutions. I have decided to pursue another opportunity that will allow me to grow as an Organic Search Strategist.
Enquiro has been great, and they are turning the page in the next chapter of Enquiro. At Enquiro I was able to hone my SEO skills and was able to learn a tremendous amount about the Search industry. Enquiro provided me with the opportunity to:
Enquiro had been a great place to be, and the one constant at Enquiro is change. Quite honestly there has been a lot of change as of late. I wish Enquiro well as they enter their next chapter, as always there will be some ups and some downs, but one thing about Enquiro is the perseverance. The core team that I have worked with at Enquiro was one of the best in the biz... good luck to them.
- become an SEO expert
- leverage my past marketing and management experience
- participate in HR tasks including recruitment and performance reviews
- develop my passion for blogging
- define and promote meaningful core values
- become a leading expert in site analysis and content development
- work with a tremendous team of strategists and consultants
- provided educational material to co-workers and clients
- work on some of the largest and most popular brands out there
- travel all over the US for search conferences and client meetings
- educate clients through in-person presentations
- create search related products that were sold to various clients
- establish policies and procedures
- develop SEO requirements for clients and for Enquiro
- participate/provide feedback in numerous site redesigns of the Enquiro site
- meet my wife
I wrote my final article on ASK Enquiro posing the question as to what if link popularity became less of an algorithm ranking factor. I have written hundreds of articles for ASK Enquiro, my focus will now be on Marketing Jive, so stay tuned for upcoming posts.
I will miss Enquiro, but I know that I have made the right decision and am extremely excited about my new opportunity. I will miss many of the faces there and want to wish all the best to many of the folks there including: Chris, Jason L., John, Amanda, Matt, Tracy, Charlotte and Angie to name a few.
You will still see me at various Search conferences and I'll be plugged in online so you'll know where to find me. Thanks Enquiro for nearly seven great years of Search fun.
|posted by Jody @ Saturday, July 31, 2010