Today, history was made with the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama. Not just in the United States, but all around the world, people were tuned in to some form of media to see the next President of the United States.
So we thought that we would perform searches for "Barack Obama" in Google throughout the day to see how the results appear and whether they change or not. It's interesting to see the various type of results that show up for "Barack Obama" in Google.
Here is a look at the varied Search results that appear on the first page of a Google SERP for "Barack Obama".
This is a perfect example of why optimizing for blended search is so important in 2009. Google continues to update their results page to include various types of results from news results, to social network links to blog results.
- News Results - Google's Universal Search presents a couple of blended search results featuring news items from the Times Online with links to over 7,300 related articles.
- Twitter Listing - yes even Barack Obama has a Twitter page. twitter.com/BarackObama
- Official Site for Barack Obama - Of course result #3 in Google is for the Official Website of Barack Obama 2008 Presidential Campaign.
- Image Results - four images appear in the middle of the Google SERP featuring a smiling Barack Obama
- Blog Results - even more blended search results with three blog results appearing on the first page
- Wikipedia Listing - of course... what's a Google Results page without a Wikipedia listing being present?
- Barack Obama's Official MySpace Page - yet another social network listing for Barack Obama. www.myspace.com/barackobama
- New York Times - yes even a result from the online version of the New York Times.
- Barack Obama's Official Facebook Page - Barack's online marketing team have done a tremendous job of keeping the now President of the United States wired and online. Very cool. http://www.facebook.com/barackobama
- Reteurs - http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/barackobama
Google SERP for Barack Obama
Yahoo SERP for Barack Obama
ASK SERP for Barack Obama
Windows Live/MSN SERP for Barack Obama
Four different search engines, four different types of search results pages. Regardless, Barack Obama is everywhere!
Labels: Barack Obama, blended search results