As the New England Patriots try to go 19-0 against the New York Giants for Superbowl XLII we thought that you might enjoy some Superbowl Snack Facts.
- Ads on the Superbowl will cost roughly $2.7 million for a 30 second spot.
- Cars.com was committed to purchasing two spots.
- There are 58 30 second TV spots available during the Superbowl
- Toshiba will be running an HD DVD ad with an estimated cost of $3 million for the 30 second spot.
- This will be the first time a Super Bowl is played on a retractable natural-grass field surface.
- Super Bowl Sunday is Domino's Pizza's biggest day of the year, selling more than 1.2 million pies.
- It is estimated that Americans will eat 90 million pounds of chicken wings, which breaks down to 450 million individual wings!
- The most chicken wings will be consumed in the states of Utah and Louisiana
- The Haas Avocado Board says 49.5 million pounds of avocados will be downed on Super Bowl Sunday, making it the largest avocado eating day of the year.
- The most potato chips will be consumed in the states of New Mexico and Virginia
- The 2006 Super Bowl was the highest rated TV show of the year, attracting more than 90 million U.S. viewers.
- The Super Bowl will be distributed by the NFL and NFL International to 223 countries and territories.
- Super Bowl advertisers in 2006 saw a sharp increase in visits to their web sites following the big game.
Super Bowl Weeks - Largest Overall Sales Increase
– Tortilla Chips — $10.2 million
– Light Beer — $9.2 million
– Regular Beer — $8.7 million
– Potato Chips — $7.8 million
– Regular Cola — $7.7 million
– Frozen Pizza — $7.3 million
– All remaining Carb Bev — $5.5 million
– Frozen Poultry 1-Food Entree’s — $5.4 million
– Mexican Sauce — $5.3 million
– Ice Cream — $4.7 million
Two-weeks ending February 11, 2006 Source ACNielsen; Supermarket sales
More Superbowl food stats.
Labels: Superbowl snack facts