Online Reputation Management Resources - Online Reputation Management in 2007 Part Two
| Thursday, July 19, 2007
||In part one of our series on online reputation management in 2007, we examined the trend with organizations who are becoming more active with online reputation management. We cannot emphasize the importance on online reputation management in 2007. Online reputation management is really the only way you can measure what is being said about your company, product and business methods online.
Online Reputation Management in 2007 means understanding and knowing about the resources that are available to provide assistance when starting an online reputation management strategy. Of course there are a number of companies that provide reputation management services, but there are also a number of key resources that can help you with your online reputation management strategy.
It is important to realize just how powerful consumer generated media can be. Your brand can be on top one the world in one instance and than it can be destroyed by an angry blogger the next. As a result your organization needs to be proactive with your online reputation management strategy. In our piece entitled "What You Need to Know About Online Reputation Management", we stated that there are five keys to online reputation management:
Resources for Online Reputation Management
- Monitoring Your Existing Online Presence
- Analyzing Your Online Presence within the Search Engine Results
- Controlling Your Online Destiny with Optimized Content
- Controlling Your Online Destiny with Participation
- Repeating the Above Steps
In order to track, monitor and analyze your online reputation, you will need to incorporate the use of a number of resources. Here is a look at some of these key resources that you should become familiar with.
We have listed ten type of resources that organizations should consider when establishing their online reputation management strategy. Within each of these types of resources, there are a number of free resources that can help you monitor and analyze your online reputation. The key is participation. You have to be actively involved in the online reputation management process because if you're not, you can bet that your consumers and competitors are.
- Sign up for Google and Yahoo email alerts using your desired keywords and branded terms (http://alerts.yahoo.com/ and www.google.com/alerts).
- Something that we have done is created our own search engine at Rollyo.com. Rollyo presents a great way to search the content of a list of specified websites, allowing you to narrow down the results to pages from websites that you already know and trust. It's great for tracking your presence.
- Set up custom RSS feeds based on specific keyword searches (ie important branded phrases, new product names, top executive names etc.). RSS Resources include: Google News, Feedster.com, Technorati.com, Google.com/blogsearch, Blogpulse.com, MSN Spaces Yahoo! News etc.
- Compile all feeds into one RSS reader for easy access and to save you time when reviewing. Popular RSS feed readers include: Newsgator.com, Bloglines.com, Google Reader or Sage.
- Review the top groups to track: Yahoo Groups, AOL Groups, MSN Groups, Google Groups
- Set up a presence in Social Media sites such as MySpace, MyBlogLog, Facebook or any other relevant social networking community seen here.
- Examine popular video sites and perform a search for your branded phrases and organization's name. Consider reviewing sites such as You Tube or Jumpcut
- Determine which forums and message boards you need to track: BoardReader.com, ForumFind.com, Big-Boards.com, BoardTracker.com, iVillage, Yahoo Message Boards, MSN Money
- If your company is publicly traded, frequent sites such as Google Finance and Yahoo Finance. Perform a search for your company and review the latest news stories and blog posts.
- Use the Search Engines! Use Google, Yahoo, ASK, AOL, Windows Live etc. to see what the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) are displaying regarding your brand and organization.
Labels: online reputation management, online reputation management resources
|posted by Jody @ Thursday, July 19, 2007