There is a lot of pressure in the business world to meet objectives and goals set out by management. For online marketers, you are constantly working to prove the value of your online marketing strategies that you deliver. To date, many business to business (B2B) marketers have been slow to embrace search and the online experience as they continue to focus primarily on traditional marketing methods. However as B2B marketers start to shift budgets to online and into search marketing the task of defining online marketing goals becomes key.
In the past, we have discussed the importance of identifying key performance indicators yet quite often clients are vague when asked what their online marketing goals are. Here is a look at the top 10 online marketing goals that should be considered by B2B marketers.
Top 10 Online Marketing Goals for B2B Marketers
- Improve Number of Leads - bottom line is lead generation and improving ROI.
- Improve the Quality of Online Leads - better leads can mean quicker and potentially more sales.
- Improve the Overall Online Experience - keep your users' needs first and foremost to help build lifetime value and relationship. Improving the online experience will help improve repeat visits and help generate top of mind awareness.
- Improve the Engagement Rate - engaging the user with proper use of conversion triggers and calls to action can help increase the number of leads that are generated.
- Move Prospects Through the Buying Process/Funnel - A key goal for B2B marketers should be to help solve the needs of their prospects by providing them with all of the information they need to make a purchase decision as they work through the buying funnel.
- Increase the Number of Qualified Visitors to your sites - increasing the number of qualified visitors to your site means a greater chance for obtaining more qualified leads.
- Reduce Cost of Leads - an effective online strategy can help reduce the cost of each lead that is generated.
- Increase Online Inquiries - one of the more important conversions that B2B marketers should focus on is to increase online inquiries that have the potential to become qualified leads. Depending on the phase of the buying funnel the user is at, you can use your online marketing strategy to intercept the prospect and increase the number of email requests or phone calls for additional information inqueries that the user may have.
- Promote Offline Sales - use online to drive offline business. The majority of actual B2B transactions will take place offline.
- Deliver Customer Service and Value to Your Target Market(s) - rounding out the top 10 online marketing goals for B2B marketers is delivering value to your site visitors. No explanation is needed as providing customer interception points and delivering effective customer service online can provide positive results offline.
Labels: b2b marketers, online marketing goals