|Google (GOOG) has been very busy as of late. I have been monitoring the Google share price lately. Wow it has been totally hyperactive as of late. In early May share were around the $465 mark, earlier today they were at around $507. As recent as May 24th, Google shares were at around the $474 mark. So why is this? Why has the share price seen this jump. Well the answer in fact is because Google has been extremely busy recently. Through product releases, acquisitions, and finalizing of business deals, Google continues to drive to be the leading provider of the world's information.
So just what has Google been busy with? Well here is but a sample of what Google has been doing over the past little while.
As you can see Google has been busy. The fact that the company strives for continuous improvement and that they have the resources to do so should console analysts who monitor Google's share price. Google is in a great place right now and they will be the first ones to tell you that complacency is not an option.
- Last month we reported on Google's purchase of ad firm DoubleClick for an estimated three billion dollars.
- Google continues to update and improve their "office-like" applications offering with Google Presentations.
- Google announced the launch of Web History, a new feature for Google Account users that makes it easy to view and search across the pages you've visited.
- Google release Universal Search which in addition to web results, also provides news, images, and groups results right on the same page
- Google owned YouTube signs a licensing deal with major music label EMI
- Google exec looks to start rival to NFL with announcement of the United Football League. (In some way, shape or form Google seems to have their hand in everything.)
- Rumors of an expansion of an upcoming deal between Google and Salesforce.com which, could be good news for hosted applications.
- Google's purchase of FeedBurner, a provider of RSS advertising and publishing services.
- The relaunch of Google Analytics
Labels: Google stock price