Subscribe to Marketing Jive
 Subscribe to our feed.
Marketing-Jive, formerly SEO-Space, was established in 2006 and since then we have noticed significant increases in both traffic and feed subscribers. If you want to promote your business to thousands of visitors who understand digital marketing, you’ve come to the right place. Sign up and start receiving qualified leads right now. Your ad will be visible on every unique page on our blog.
Glossary of SEO Terms
  • SEO Terms A-C
  • SEO Terms D-F
  • SEO Terms G-I
  • SEO Terms J-L
  • SEO Terms M-O
  • SEO Terms P-S
  • SEO Terms T-V
  • SEO Terms W-Z
  • Enquiro's Online Marketing Glossary
Search Engine Market Share (US)
Organic Search / SEO Tips
Organic Marketing Budgets in B2B Marketing
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Dedicated organic marketing budgets for B2B marketing campaigns cannot be understated. The amount of spend on sponsored campaigns is well documented, yet more often than not organic marketing budgets are mere fractions of the sponsored component. I find this quite amazing, and here's why...
Research shows that 70 percent of search engine users will click on organic listings, while the remaining 30 percent click on paid listings. Recent reports suggest that in Google organic clicks account for as high as 85% of total clicks. Organic listings alos last longer as they can rank in the same position for months and even years. I have clients whose site have ranked in the top position in the organic listings of Google for over four years. (This is for a very competitive key phrase.)
Not only are organic listings longer lasting than paid listings, they’re more valuable. Another study found that 6 out of 7 sales resulting from search engines originated in the organic search listings. As B2B marketers why wouldn't you want to focus on organic rankings? Why do companies continue to spend millions on sponsored listings yet devote only a small amount of their budget to organic marketing campaigns? SEMPO research shows that only 43 percent of advertisers created new budgets for organic SEO, and these were mostly large companies. As B2B marketers, dedicated budget for organic SEO is a must. Sure sponsored results can get you immediate results, but the return on long lasting organic results is unmatched.
posted by Jody @ 7:45 PM  
    Post a Comment
    << Home
    Top B2B Blogs   
    Invesp landing page optimization
    About Me

    Name: Jody
    Home: Kelowna, BC, Canada
    About Me: SEO guy by day, family man 24/7.
    Previous Posts
    Marketing Jive Vault of Posts
    Online Marketing Resources
    • Optimizing for Blended Search
    • Search Engine Guide
    • WebProNews Canada
    • Official Google Blog
    • Yahoo Search Blog
    • Search Engine Watch
    • 100% Organic
    • Global Thoughtz
    • B2B Marketing Blogs
    • Silicon Valley Gateway
    • Guy Kawasaki
    • Church of the Customer Blog
    • Marketo's Big List of B2B Blogs
    Blogs We Like
    30-Five: Parenting Tips
    Ask.com Blog
    Comparison Engines
    Matt Cutts

    Yahoo Search Blog

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Marketing Jive Home


    Subscribe | | Advertise | Site Map

    Add to GoogleAdd to My Yahoo!Add to BloglinesAdd to NetvibesAdd to Windows Live