|I love the start of the calendar year. A number of people in the SEO industry are making predictions, are reflecting on past predictions or are compiling their thoughts on the same old same old. With that comes a number of lists, and as you have come to see, wee like to share our favorite SEO related lists of the week.
In case you missed last week's top five, here is last week's top five SEO lists.
Top 5 SEO Lists - Week of January 10th, 2011
#5. 7 Ways to Use Raven for Link Building - Distilled. This post shares some tactical ways Raven can be used in a link building campaign. From finding contact information to competitive link analysis, Raven is another tool that you can add to your link building arsenal. http://www.distilled.co.uk/blog/seo/raven-tools-for-link-building/
#4. 8 Lessons I’ve Learned From Doing SEO - Wiep.net - We thought this was fairly amusing with a lot of truth to many of the points mentioned. http://wiep.net/talk/personal/8-years-in-seo/
#3. 25 Important Search Engine Optimization Mistakes to Fix Right Now - Bill Hartzer. A pretty extensive list of reminders to help clean up your SEO activities. There are a lot of fundamentals on this list such as not having unique titles or meta descriptions to some more indepth items such as not paying attention to your 404 errors and cleaning up broken links. Again this post is a great reminder of how to perfrom some SEO maintenance on your website.
#2. 10 Tips to Improve Your Social Graph for Google - SEOptimise. This is another great list featuring ten tips to leverage if you are using social media alongside your SEO efforts. There are ten solid tips that you may already be using, but if you are not, you might want to consider trying.
#1. 55 Content Optimization & Content Marketing Tips for 2011
- Marketing Jive. We try not to incorporate our own lists in our weekly top five, but with our extensive list of 55 content optimization and content marketing tips we felt that this information was too important to keep all to ourselves. We discussed how content optimization and content marketing can assist you in
Enjoy! We'll see you back here for next week's list. In the meantime, feel free to follow us on Twitter @marketing_jive.
- Increasing search visibility on Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Improving the distribution of your content
- Improve user (customer) engagement
- Serve up content focusing on customer needs resulting in improved leads and sales
- Gain visibility in social arenas
Labels: seo lists