SES San Jose 2009 Must Attend Sessions
| Friday, August 07, 2009
||If you are going to be attending SES San Jose 2009 next week and are wondering where your time will be best spent, you have come to the right place. Whether you are a first time attendee or have been to SES SJ on multiple occasions we would like to point you in the direction of some of the sessions that you cannot afford to miss.
7 SES SJ 2009 Sessions You Don't Want to Miss
Day One: Tuesday, August 11th
The Next Wave for Online Video
According to comScore, YouTube is now the #2 search destination in the world. While the good old organic results pages still attract tens of thousands of experts probing the latest algorithmic quirks and optimization techniques, video search remains relatively uncharted waters. Panelists discuss the importance of optimizing for video search, and probe into tactics like keyword research, copywriting, reputation enhancement, and sponsorships and special programs.
Andrew Goodman, SES Advisory Board & Principal, Page Zero Media
- Gregory Markel, Founder/President, Infuse Creative, LLC
- Erin Bouchier, Business Lead, Google / YouTube Advertising
- David Burch, Director of Marketing, TubeMogul
- Mark Robertson, Founder, ReelSEO
This is always an interesting topic and the highly energetic Greg Markel always shares a number of key video optimization tips.
How to Turn Your Web Analytics into a Money Making Machine
You tagged your website with analytics. You may even login to check your stats or get them emailed to you. What does it all mean? How do you find anything useful in the endless amounts of data provided? How do you turn those reports into insight and action? Join web analytics godfather, Jim Sterne, Avinash Kaushik, author of Web Analytics: An Hour A Day, and conversion and continuous improvement guru, Bryan Eisenberg for this fast paced session where each panelist will provide you with 3 solid tips to make money from your web analytics and answer questions about everything your wanted to know about web analytics but were afraid to ask.
Mike Grehan, SES Advisory Board Co-Chair
- Bryan Eisenberg, SES Advisory Board & Co-Founder, Future Now, Inc.
- Avinash Kaushik, Author, Blogger, Analytics Evangelist, Google
- Jim Sterne, Chairman, Web Analytics Association
With an all-star speaking panel like this, how can you afford to miss this session?
Don't Call it a Comeback: Semantic Technology and Search
Remember when Web 2.0 was supposed to be about "the semantic Web"? Social media hijacked Web 2.0, but heavyweights in the Semantic world have been quietly advancing the reality of true semantic technology and they're already claiming the Web 3.0 tag. With applications from better contextual ads, to personalized news, to government spying, is Semantic next year's technology darling? Bring your thinking cap; it's going to get geeky in here.
Dana Todd, CMO, Newsforce
- Lane Soelberg, Founder & CEO, COOP Ventures
- Paul Edmondson, Co-Founder and CEO, YieldBuild
- Nova Spivack, Founder and CEO, Radar Networks/Twine
* Q&A Speaker:
- Dr. Tomasz Imielinski, EVP, Technology, Ask.com
- Othar Hansson, Software Engineer, Google
- Kevin Haas, Senior Engineering Manager, Yahoo!
- Mark Johnson, Program Manager, Bing
This session is bound to feature great discussion with members of the search engines in attendance.
Day Two: Wednesday, August 12th
The BuyerSphere Project: Understanding B2B Buyer Patterns
A major B2B research initiative, conducted by Enquiro with input from Google, Business.com, Covario, Marketo and DemandBase, showed that most marketers aren't effectively leveraging online assets to their best potential. Among other things, the notion of a strictly followed, traditional buying funnel is simply not accurate in many instances, risk dictates buying behavior, search is incredibly important as an integrator across online and offline channels and face-to-face persuasion is still necessary in many high risk, complex purchases.
The BuyerSphere project looks at how online strategies became artificially separated from traditional best practices, how they can be more effectively integrated and the part search plays as a major influencer. This panel will review the research from over 100 face-to-face interviews, hundreds of eye tracking sessions and over 3,000 survey responses in total. The project represents a major step forward in understanding B2B buyer patterns and the part online marketing can play in influencing them.
Gord Hotchkiss, President & CEO, Enquiro
For all of you B2B marketers, you will not want to miss this session. We've already talked about this session on The BuyerSphere Project. You will enjoy this session. You wanted an advanced session? you got it.
- Mark McMaster, Senior Planner of B2B and Technology Markets, Google
- Ben Hanna, VP Marketing, Business.com
- Susan Scarth, VP Marketing, Demandbase
- Jon Miller, VP Marketing, Marketo
- Dr. Matthias Blume, Chief Analytics Officer, Covario
Social Media: White Hat vs. Black Hat
Black hat techniques have long been criticized in search marketing: "Black hat" practices are now cropping up in social media. This panel takes a hard look at the right and wrong ways to go to market with a social media based marketing component, and how to spot early signs that you may be heading for trouble.
Dave Evans, VP, Digital Voodoo
These sessions are always fun. It's always interesting to see what the black-hat folks are up to.
- Beth Harte, Community Manager , MarketingProfs
- Lee Odden, SES Advisory Board & CEO, TopRank Online Marketing
- Dave Snyder, Co-Founder, Search & Social
- Chris Bennett, President & Founder, 97th Floor
Day Three: Thursday, August 13th
Morning Keynote: How to Prepare for the Future of Search
* Keynote Speaker:
Charlene Li, Co-Author, Groundswell, Founder, Altimeter Group
This is an interesting topic from well respected thought leader on emerging technologies Charlene Li.
Advanced SEO Roundtable: What is it Really? And Where is it Going?
It's been said that you stand a better chance of getting two SEOs to share a toothbrush than to agree on a common definition. If that's so, what really qualifies someone as an advanced SEO expert and how should "the next level" of SEO be defined? Don't miss what is sure to be a spirited debate as we try to separate "the art" from "the science" and figure out what actually constitutes an Advanced SEO.
* Richard Zwicky, Founder & CEO, Enquisite
Some interesting veteran speakers with this session including the highly entertaining and knowledgeable Matt Bailey. Bruce Clay tends to always share some great insights as well. Should definitely be a good one to attend.
- Matthew Bailey, SES Advisory Board & President, Site Logic Marketing
- Bruce Clay, President, Bruce Clay, Inc.
- Mike Grehan, SES Advisory Board Co-Chair ,
- Todd Friesen, VP Search, Position Technologies
- Todd Malicoat, Independent Search Engine Marketing Consultant, stuntdubl
SES San Jose, on paper, looks to be a great conference as the SES Advisory Board have worked hard to listen to past attendee feedback and reinvent their session topics and speakers. For all those attending enjoy.
Labels: ses san jose 2009
|posted by Jody @ Friday, August 07, 2009