|With so much information out there, it's difficult to keep up on everything in the world of SEO. We spent some time going through our wide list of feeds and came up with a few articles from the past week that we thought our readers would find beneficial
This is one of the best flowcharts that we have come across that illustrates in a simple manner, how an online campaign should take shape. Well done Lee.
- A Deeper Look At Robots.txt - Stephan Spencer over at Search Engine Land looks at the robots.txt file and how Webmasters can use this file to communicate important information to the search engine spiders. Information that can prevent crawlers from accessing non-public parts of your website or information to help the spiders prevent the indexation of duplicate content on a website, such as “print” versions of html pages. Great little article if only for a recap of the robots.txt file.
- 2 Tools to Aggregate Comments Across Social Media and Blogs - an interesting little piece from Ann Smarty over at Search Engine Journal as she introduces us to ConvoTrack and YackTrack.
- Video SEO: Host Internally or on YouTube? - the team over at Search Engine Roundtable had a great article on whether one should host videos on their own server or host them on YouTube. The short answer, do both. There are pro's and cons to either, but depending on your resources (i.e. time) you may simply want to upload and optimize your videos on YouTube as YouTube videos tend to rank well in blended search.
- 100 Terrific Web Design Cheat Sheets that Will Save you Time, Money and Mistakes - ok well not really an SEO post, but there are some tremendous tips and tools here. We came across this post this week. From color charts to HTML and CSS pointers, there are 100 reousrces that web designers can use when preparing for a site redesign.
- Superpages.com, Citysearch partner on local search - over at BtoB Online, we learned that Internet Yellow Pages site Superpages.com is partnering with online local guide Citysearch to enhance and better monetize online local search traffic.
- SEO & Social Media Roadmap - Lee Odden over at Top Rank Marketing had an intersting post on leveraging SEO and Social Media as part of your online marketing strategy. I especially liked his flow chart where he laid out how it should work from identifying the business objectives, down to developing the strategy and determining the proper mix of tactics to deploy as part of your online marketing strategy. We have reproduced Lee's flowchart here:
As you can see, there were some really great SEO posts that came out this week. Judging by the diverse subject matter and with so many interesting discussions taking place it can be extremely difficult to stay up on the latest tips and tricks.
Labels: seo articles, SEO tips