Off to San Jose
| Friday, August 15, 2008
||Well this weekend it's off to San Jose. Next week is Search Engine Strategies San Jose and as a result many will be making their way to the largest city in the Bay area. I must say that I love San Jose, it's a great city.
I thought being from Canada, maybe I should dig up some interesting facts about the city. Well did you know that.....
Source of San Jose facts include:
- San Jose was founded in 1777
- San Jose is California's third largest city with a population of 975,000 (give or take)
- San Jose is is home to the largest concentration of technology expertise in the world (with more than 6,600 tech companies calling San Jose home)
- The largest private employer as of 2005 was Cisco Systems which employed over 16, 000 people
- San Jose is a very cultural and ethnic diverse city with residents that speak in more than 56 different languages
- San Jose has the number one median household income in the United States
- San Jose is dubbed the Safest Big City in America
- San Jose was once known as the "prune capital of the world"
- The San Jose Sharks NHL hockey club played their first ever home game at the Cow Palace
- The estimated median house/condo value in San Jose in 2005 was $625,400
- Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2005: $3,951
- The average household size in San Jose is 3.2 people
Office of Economic Development, City of San Jose (2005)
Labels: San Jose
|posted by Jody @ Friday, August 15, 2008