|Optimization of your press releases is an oftern overlooked component of your overall SEO strategy. The fact of the matter is, is that press release optimization is quite simple and really doesn't take much time. The secret is to focus on SEO fundamentals. When preparing press releases for online distribution, there area number of factors that should be addressed with regards to search engine optimization.
10 Items to Consider When Optimizing Press Releases for Online Distribution
Use these ten items as a checklist or guide and you'll be well on your way to optimizing your news releases for online positioning.
- Are there Relevant Keywords in the Title?
- Are there Keywords in the URL? If you host the Press Release on your site, try to optimize the URLs to be search engine friendly and consider incorporating keywords within the URL.
- Are there Keyword Rich Text Links pointing to your site pages?
- Are their keywords in the copy of the press release? Especially early on in the release?
- Have you linked to relevant, deeper site pages to your site from the press release?
- Is there a link to your homepage from the press releasee?
- Is there a link to your main press release page on your website?
- Consider Blended Search - Have you considered inclusion of an optimized image with your press release?
- Include detailed contact information including your website URL.
- Include a Syndication call-to-action. Perhaps a feed or syndication button.
Labels: Press Release Optimization