|Most of us are familiar with Google Webmaster Tools and the great insight that it can provide Webmasters and Site Owners. Well Yahoo also has a tool albeit not as cool as Webmaster Tools that webmasters can use to help Yahoo crawlers do a better job of crawling their site(s).
Keep in mind that authenticating/authorizing a site using Yahoo Site Explorer has no effect on a site's status in Yahoo's Index or in Yahoo results. By authorizing the site in Yahoo, you are able to:
Of course submitting a Sitemap will help Yahoo crawlers do a better job of crawling the site. However it does not guarantee that the site pages will be included in the Yahoo Search Index as mentioned here:
- Start monitoring and managing the feeds you have submitted for that site.
- See when the data was last refreshed by Yahoo crawlers.
- Resubmit the feed to let Yahoo know that it has been updated.
- Find out what subdomains from your site are known to Yahoo!.
- Download all 1000 results into a tab-separated value (TSV) file at once (and avoid having to page through the results.)
- Learn additional metadata about the URLs from your site in the Yahoo! index, such as language.
- Delete URLs that you don't want indexed by Yahoo! Search. This can be useful for managing URLs that may no longer exist on your site but may still be around on the Web.
For more you information on Yahoo Site Explorer and on authenticating your site in Yahoo, visit the following links:
Labels: yahoo site authentication