Google Gadget Ads: Google to Distrubute Ads in Widgets
| Thursday, September 20, 2007
||Widgets continue to be all the rage on the Internet. The popularity of them is pretty amazing and the viral spread of widgets is pretty impressive as well. For me, widgets are like Gremlins, you don't want to get water on them or feed them after midnight... For those who don't know what a widget is, a widget is simply a piece of embeddable code that can be found on one site, and embedded in another that can be used to promote your own site, blog or brand. We have discussed widget marketing a number of times in the past. We've touched on the fascination with widgets and the importance of widget marketing in the near future if not already.
So we knew that it was only a matter of time until Google would be trying to branch out and distribute ads into widgets. Yesterday was that day as Google (GOOG) announced that it will begin distributing ads within "widgets". Google's statement as to what are Google Gadget Ads?
Gadget ads enable advertisers and agencies to engage audiences on the Internet's largest ad network with a rich and interactive new ad format.The announcement of the "Gadget Ads" has been well received in the financial arena as Google's share price has jumped nicely since the announcement as it is currently near the $554/share mark. (Google's all-time high was around the $558 mark)
What Are Google Gadget Ads?
According to Google, benefits of Gadget Ads for Advertisers include:
There is growing use of RSS feeds and widgets that many are using to syndicate their content our there to the masses. You can bet that Google advertising competitors such as Yahoo and Microsoft are also working on similar platforms.
- The Google content network comprises thousands of high-quality websites that partner with Google to display targeted ads.
- As an advertiser, you can select sites or let Google's ad targeting display your ads on the most relevant pages.
- Analyze performance by selecting from dozens of predefined interactions and optimize based on those results.
- Gadget ads are built with the same technology as gadgets on iGoogle, which currently has tens of millions of users.
- Use gadget ads to drive significant traffic to your iGoogle gadgets to maintain an ongoing conversation with your target audience.
- In fact, gadgets are being adopted by numerous products from the likes of AOL, IBM and thousands of websites
Here is a look at some existing ads from the Google Gadget Ads Gallery.
Official Google Gadget Ads Links
About Google Gadget Ads
Benefits of Google Gadget Ads
Features of Google Gadget Ads
Success Stories Using Google Gadget Ads
Tutorial on Google Gadget Ads
Google Gadget Ads Help
Labels: Google Gadget Ads
|posted by Jody @ Thursday, September 20, 2007