|I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to post about the world's worst kept secret, the release of Google Finance Canada. As we reported last week, Google had leaked that the Canadian version of Google Finance was going to be released. I love Google Finance. I love the fact that they provide recent news stories and blog posts, trending information about the stock as well as information about the company itself. This is all available with Google Finance Canada as well.
With Google Finance Canada, you can:
This is pretty cool as I can now check my favorite Canadian stocks including Grande Cache Coal (GCE) or even Google (GOOG). From what I see, I really appreciate what Google (GOOG) has done with Google Finance Canada. You know that they are going to continue to improve it so it will only get better. Of course if you wanted to you could always visit the Nasdaq site for all of your financial information.
- Track recent stock activity
- Set up your own portfolio to track your investments
- Read related news stories
- Review Canadian dollar conversion comparisons to the US dollar the Euro, the Japanese Yen and the British Pound
- Review Market Summary Graphs
- Examine the top movers and shakers (sorted by share price, volume of trades, volume in $ and popularity)
- View Today's News
- View Bank of Canada Rates (for information on money markets, inflation and and interest rates.) This is my personal favorite.
While not entirely innovative, Google Finance Canada was long overdue. Being presented with top news and company news from Canadian sources, and economic data from the Bank of Canada is a great resource for Canadian investors. For more on Google Finance Canada, visit the official Google Finance blog.
The Google Finance Blog was listed #7 on SEO-Space's Top 50 Google Blogs.
Labels: Google Finance Canada