|Advertising Age released a very cool Search Marketing Fact Pack for 2006. The 52 page guide is a must read for anyone interested in search engine marketing. There is information on the Search Engines, keywords, sites and related studies. You can access the Fact Pack by clicking here. The URL for the pdf is: http://adage.com/images/random/searchfactpack2006.pdf.
The document communicates some excellent points that those of us in the industry have been aware of, but those who are new to the SEM world may not have been. For example, according to Harris Interactive, 80% of internet traffic begins at a search engine and that search marketing is a 7 billion dollaer industry in 2006. Other key points from the guide:
- Discussed are the top search engine optimization strategies for 2007
- Rankings of the top Search Engine Marketing agencies in North America
- Cool eye tracking information and research on the Golden Triangle provided by none other than Enquiro (the firm that employs me)
- Hitwise and Nielsen's competitive intelligence data on the top search terms
- Information on Click Fraud
One of the cool features of the guide is the ranking of the Top Search Marketing Firms in North America. I like to be aware of what our competition is doing. So the top Search marketing Firms in North America listing gave me an insight into how some of our competition is doing. I was pleased to see that our company Enquiro was featured at the number 19 position and listed as the top search marketing firm in Canada.
The 2006 Fact Pack is a must read. If you get a moment be sure to check it out.